This course aims at introducing students without Computer Science background to programming, algorithms, data structures and Economics-oriented Big Data. The programming language employed during these lectures is Python.
• Programming 101 o The “why this ?” question o Understanding concepts : algorithms, algorithmics, programming language, program vs. algorithm o Python o Variables o Operators o Printing o Input
• Python2 o Reading from files o Writing to files o Lists
• Python3 o Lit comprehension o Loops o Comparisons
• Python4 o Tests : definition, types, multiple tests o Modules : Import, help, sys, os
• Python5 o Dictionaries and tuples o Functions : principles, definitions, argument passing o numpy : presentation, useful functions