The objective of the Master’s Degree Programme in Financial Risk Management is to educate high-level specialists in asset and financial risk management. The aim is to meet a high demand of managers specializing in asset and risk management in banks, insurance companies, audit or advisory firms and financial institutions.
The objectives of the Master’s Degree Programme in Financial Risk Management are therefore to bring theoretical and empirical skills (through mathematical, statistical, econometric and computer tools) allowing to :
1) Value and manage basic or sophisticated financial assets and/or asset portfolios ;
2) Identify and quantify the different types of financial risk faced by financial institutions, banks and businesses ;
3) Propose strategies to minimize financial risks and optimize risk performance.
This programme also aims to initiate students to research in the field of finance by developing their analytical, synthetic and critical skills.
In order to answer of the internationalization of professional opportunities in finance, the Master’s Degree Programme in Financial Risk Management is divided into two streams :
- Classical stream specialized in financial risk management where a large part of the courses is taught in English
- International stream where all courses are taught in English for non-French-speaking students.